September 01, 2021
Covid cases up but R below 1
After a two-day dip, the number of confirmed community cases of Covid 19 rose to 75 today.
All but one were in Auckland, with the Wellington case being someone tied to a previous case who has been isolating.
Director General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield says 75 percent of cases were in isolation the entire time they were infected, but the remaining 25 percent were infectious in the community.
He says the R value, which estimates the number of people each case has infected, is still below 1.
The number of Māori who have received a first dose of vaccine now stands at 208,854; and 108,639 have received a second dose.
Copyright © 2021, UMA Broadcasting Ltd: www.waateanews.com